2 June 2011

A Trip to the Zoo

       I'd be surprised if you hadn't noticed but i really don't blog about my life that much, it's a bit personal and I'm not really sure if I want to get personal so I'm gonna opt for not. However, yesterday I went to the zoo, because one of my cousins was going to meet a friend and the other wanted some company, me and my sister and my mum and my aunt all went. I came home and was a bit surprised at how proud I was of how some of my photos turned out, as such I'm going to share a few of the better ones, but ignore any which have people.
Zebra having a lie down, it was a warm day.



Llamas or possibly Alpakas

Doesn't this Cheetah just look regal sitting this way?

I never knew just how loud a Donkey could be until I heard this one start braying

This Giraffe was a little bit restless, he kept pacing, but he was the only one who came close and posed for the cameras




I loved the way the fence mesh framed the duckling in this one.


The Molerats loved to play




This one's just adorable, I don't know what he's looking at though.




Sunbathing Meerkat

THe way this little Meerkat was sitting I couldn't help but be reminded of a baby on a playmat.

Sentry Meerkat's at Alert

There was a whole huge family of them.


Some animals just love to climb... the Red Panda among them, I don't think these were even above the enclosure from which their tree was growing.

Meditating Lemur... If he can do it why can't I?

The Fur seals were all in the water, and they were having so much fun playing that they wouldn't keep still long enough to take a photo of them, so it's more by luck than judgement that I got this one. I like how it turned out though.

The penguins were having fun in the water too. As this one was swimming there was only one penguin who wasn't in the water.


I didn't think I'd managed to capture the bubbles on this one, but I did. Just look at him go... If you look really closely you might even see our legs.

I thought this bird was cute, although he wasn't actually one of the animals supposed to be there.



Angry polecat... at least I think he's a polecat. There were two of these, both in separate cages. This one kept growling while the other wouldn't stop pacing.

 


I don't know what this bird was doing... maybe thinking along the lines of 'I can't see you then you can't see me!'


These chickens were loose in the area near to the farm barn.

Isn't the sleepy face of this snow leopard just adorable. I can't believe I managed to capture this through the glass. It's possibly my favourite photo from the day!
If you managed to make it to the end of all these photos I have to say well done and sorry there were so many. I was surprised at how many of the ones I took were anywhere near good, and this is only about 1/5 of what I took. The joys of a digital camera :P
         It was a fantastic day because of the sunny weather and the people I was with, and it was definately a good first day of summer.

-disclaimer; this post has nothing to do with the fact I'm not optimistic about when I'll next post due to the tediousness of my current book or the fact that I feel guilty when I don't post for a long time -

Rowen

No comments:

Post a Comment