This first beginning is given by Carmen. It's a little longer than I'd usually put a beginning, but that's because I've already read all four books and wanted to compare/contrast them a little. Not so much in this post however.
What I do think of this beginning is that it gives a concise summation of the feeling of the whole book, and the bond that the four girls share.
I'm linking up with Book Beginnings @ Rose City Reader.
Have you read this book? What did you think?
For related Posts:
- The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants - Ann Brashares
- Book Beginnings: The Second Summer - Ann Brashares
- The Second Summer - Ann Brashares
- Book Beginnings: Girls in Pants - Ann Brashares
- Girls in Pants - Ann Brashares
- Book Beginnings: Forever in Blue - Ann Brashares
- Forever in Blue - Ann Brashares
- Sisterhood Everlasting - Ann Brashares