30 November 2012

Book Beginnings: Girls in Pants - Ann Brashares

'If you are reading this, you may know about us. Or at least about our pants anyway. If you do, you can skip ahead a few pages. If you don't, hang here with me for a minute. I'll try to make it painless.'

This time around the prologue is coming from Tibby's POV. It is once again filled with her character, dripping with cynicism. 

There's one pretty obvious difference this time though, and I think it stems from the fact that this is the third book coming at a time when the series had achieved some form of success. That difference being that the assumption, or rather presumption, is made that the reader has heard of the travelling pants. 

I think this beginning gives less of a feeling for the contents of the book. On the other hand the prologue is coming from Tibby, and I felt that her storyline this time around was the more major of the four. 

Anyway, I'm linking up toBook Beginnings @ Rose City Reader.

What're you reading this week?

Rowen

For related Posts:

1 comment:

  1. I saw the "traveling pants" movie but I haven't read the books. Sounds like a fun series.
    My Book Beginnings / Friday 56 post is from TANGLED ASHES.

    ReplyDelete