27 June 2011

Genesis 2:8-9

"Then the Lord God planted a Garden in the east, in a place called Eden, and put the man he had formed into it. The Lord God caused every beautiful tree and every tree that was good for food to grow out of the ground. In the middle of the garden, God put the tree that gives life and also the tree that gives the knowledge of good and evil."

Are the trees the same tree? Or two separate trees? I don't know, but I've always thought of them as one tree in an isolated clearing at the very centre of a large and circular garden, a bit like the botanical gardens but outside. I suppose the eden project could be a good representation of this as well, only it's much too small.

I wonder if God put the tree there because he knew that humans would have to have that knowledge one day, but maybe he thought he'd be able to control when we were given it.

The man that God placed there, Adam, I think is his special person, from reading Chapter one I think that he didn't place all the people he created here, but just the one who was most special to him, maybe the first one he created?

Rowen

No comments:

Post a Comment