30 January 2012

I Am Number Four - Pittacus Lore



This is a book which I first heard about when it was being transformed into a film. I saw the trailer and wanted to go and see the film. I never saw the film at the cinema but still hope to see it.

I then came across the book at a Charity shop, this was very late December when I was stockpiling books for the reading challenge and didn't anticipate being able to read it for over a year. But I wanted to know the story so badly that I still had to pick it up.

I'm glad I did.

I was enraptured.

I've had a tough couple of weeks trying to get through my latest reading challenge book, Austerlitz, and I Am Number Four created a very welcome break which definately helped my motivation. I read it in less than 24 hours. Possibly less than 12, I'm not sure.

It is a fast-paced book, packed with action, but it's not only that which makes this book special. You can empathise with the characters, you can feel genuine joy, pain and fear.

It definately deserves it's description as the next in the legacy of Harry Potter, I feel it's a series which will leap from strength to strength. My only criticism is that perhaps talent comes too easily to the protagonist, perhaps he has too many strengths and not enough weaknesses.

Read it. You'll enjoy it.

Rowen

No comments:

Post a Comment