30 September 2015

Our pick: Kingsman the secret service (2014)

Kingsman: The Secret Service (2014) Poster
Picture from imdb 




Rated 7.8 on imdb Kingsman: The Secret Service was the first film we picked to watch on what has become our Saturday night movie time. Later films we have taken it in turns to pick but that first one we picked together just looking for something to do together on a Saturday night in.

My Rating: 7
My Thoughts: I quite liked this film, it had a reasonably good plotline, gentle comedy and a likeable main character. There were enough quirks to keep you hooked but nothing was complicated enough to really tax your brain. I have to admit my main reason for agreeing to watch this was that Colin Firth was in it so I'm pleased that his character was entertaining. I enjoyed the effects that went with explosions and I feel like it was perfectly set up for a sequel. I have to say I was a little disappointed with the ending, it tarred the rest of the film for me I wish they'd ended with the after credit scene instead as I thought it fit the film better.

His thoughts: I enjoyed the film. My favourite part of it was when Eggy stole the car and did donuts outside the pub.

If you're interested in watching the film yourself you can buy it on Amazon 

No comments:

Post a Comment